We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this Website, then it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- What we collect
We may collect and process the following personal information or data about you:
- name, date of birth and job title
- contact information including your email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- information relating to residential property attributes
- a record of any correspondence between you and us
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- details of financial transactions including transactions carried out through the Website or otherwise (such as payment services available through the Website). This may include information such as your credit card, debit card or bank account details
- details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access
- information we may require from you when you report a problem with our Website
We only collect such information when you choose to supply it to us. You do not have to supply any personal information to us but you may not be able to take advantage of all the services we offer without doing so.
Information is also gathered without you actively providing it, through the use of various technologies and methods such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and cookies. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), so you can access the Internet. It is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address can only be traced back to your ISP or the large company or organisation that provides your internet access (such as your employer if you are at work).
We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, and determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our Website, and to administer and improve the Site.
- What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and may use the information for the following purposes:
- internal record keeping.
- to ensure that the content of our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and customise the Website to your preferences.
- to improve the Website and our products and services.
- to notify you of new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided (subject to your right to unsubscribe or opt-out (see section 4 below).
- to collect payment from you if paying for services by credit or debit card or by bank transfer.
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- Sharing your information
If you pay for any services provided by us by credit or debit card, payments will be collected by our payment processor.
In order for payments to be processed you may need to provide some necessary details to our payment processor. We will tell you about this at the point we collect that information.
We do not disclose any information you provide via the Website to any third parties except:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime);
- where we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a restructuring or reorganisation of pXchange Ltd, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected in such circumstances;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of pXchange Ltd, our Website's users, or any other third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Where you use passwords, usernames or other special access features on the Website you also have a responsibility to take reasonable steps to safeguard them.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
- Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- Access to and correction of personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to pXchange Limited, Reevey House, Reevey, Kempsford, GL7 4HD, United Kingdom.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Transferring your information outside of Europe
If you use our Webite while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of your information outside the EU in the manner described above.
- Contact us
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by way of our contact page or by emailing us at email@example.com.